Big-LinX Added value
• Secure & stable access to machines & systems worldwide, from anywhere
• Reduction of expensive machine downtimes due to preventive and direct measures
• Collecting and visualizing machine data for a faster overall overview
• Carrying out maintenance in risk areas without costly travel and risks
• Commissioning of machines and systems without being on site
• Improvement of the maintenance intervals without additional personnel
• Extended service life of the machine due to optimized remote maintenance concepts
• Development of your own IIoT platform without special IT knowledge
• X-secure concept: The plug & secure security concept with smart card technology
• Better service performance through virtual machines
• Predictive Maintenance: Big-Linx provides the necessary connectivity to visualize past and current IIoT data for forecasts and trends. This makes recommendations for action easier.
• No code platform: Demanding IIoT applications can be implemented without any programming knowledge. With Big ‑ LinX, machine data can be read out or alarms visualized - without having to write a single line of code.
• Secure cloud hosting: The complete architecture of Big ‑ LinX, including storage and server, is located in Western Europe, where all Big ‑ LinX services also run. This ensures that the machine data that is collected and processed is protected as well as possible and that all processes are absolutely compliant with applicable regulations and specifications such as B. the GDPR.
• Maintenance of outdated operating systems: Without restricting functionality, remote maintenance of machines and systems with Big-LinX can be carried out without risk to the customer network, even with outdated operating systems.
VPN rendezvous server Secure connections worldwide
• Web portal with integrated VPN rendezvous server for securely connecting participants located around the world via the Internet
• Secure connections to Big-LinX via OpenVPN with ADS-TEC's IRF2000 series industrial firewalls or via the Big-LinX Client on any x86-based PCs
• Maximum security through SmartCard technology
• No complicated IT configuration – a simple PC with Internet connection is sufficient for the VPN connection with Big-LinX (outgoing connections only)
• In the Big-LinX web portal, individual communication partners can be connected to one another quickly and easily
World Wide Heartbeat (WWH) Communication and status reporting made easy
• With World Wide Heartbeat (WWH), ADS-TEC offers a communication protocol that reports the availability of the firewall to the Big-LinX Cloud
• Status monitoring and status reporting of the installed firewalls
• Authentication and identification with SmartCard certificate
• Status of all firewalls (WWH and VPN) visible in the Big-LinX Explorer
• Upon activation of the WWH on the firewall, it sends a “sign of life” to the Big-LinX Server in a defined interval
• Interval definition, (de-)activation of VPN connection as well as the ability to call up the history of WWH- and VPN-connections via the Big-LinX Explorer
Big-LinX security concept The foundation of all Remote Services
• Architecture of and technologies used by the Remote Service Cloud support the highest requirements for data security and system stability
• Operation of the Big-LinX Cloud in the German data centre
• Guarantee of secure operation through UPS, security sensors and access controls
• Use of security-compliant hardware for preventing failures
• Separate databases and portal instances are available to every Big-LinX portal customer
• Big-LinX stands for technology 100% made in Germany
SmartCard security State-of-the-art technology for maximum security
• Use of SmartCards for positive authentication on the Big-LinX Server
• Encryption and signing of communication channels and data
• Big-LinX SmartCards cannot be copied or read
• Additional security by means of PIN (FIPS 140-2 Level3)
• Integrated x.509-based certificate with 1024-bit private key
Administration of users and privileges Simple and customisable by means of drag & drop
• Individual administration of users and groups as well as of their access privileges
• Creation of any number of users and groups
• Assignment of users to one or more groups by means of drag & drop
• Individual storage of address and contact data, language, password and SmartCard for each user
• Information regarding recent activities and procedures in the portal can be called up
• Assignment of permissions by means of drag & drop
• Mapping of company structures and departments through the creation of groups
Site2Site channel - connect your own core network infrastructure
• central IPsec-based connection between one's own Big-LinX VPN network in which all Big-LinX router, users and VMs are and their own company.
• To provide a central Served as license servers, databases, file servers or Internet resources.
Big-LinX Explorer The face of the Remote Service Cloud
• Representation of machines and firewalls in clearly organised tree structure
• Visualisation of the customer-specific infrastructure including all locations and production facilities around the world
• Administration structure can be individually adapted and expanded
• Clear assignment of privileges and location accesses for the service technician, should service be necessary
• Integrated comment system for storing information
• Virtual document storage system for storing operating instructions, installation diagrams, data sheets, etc.
Worldwide Distributed Data acquisition with WWH Data Push
• Own Java™/OSGi™ apps in the Fireall collect data from the system, to synchronize with Big-LinX.
• The open Java Programierumgebung allows a variety of systems interfaces such as Modbus / TCP, file transfer or propritäre protocols.
• Efficient, Easy and Secure transfer: WWH Data Push is easy to send one of the apps out to verwendente unidirectional interface to the data even
without a VPN channel to transfer the database in Big-LinX.
• Easy data retrieval from the Transferdatenabk for further processing in their own ERP systems or databases
• Encryption of sensitive data directly to the firewall with possible subsequent encrypted deployment in the cloud